Monday, September 3, 2018

The Engagement


Towards the end of 2015, Ronald and I had been discussing adding another Vizsla to our family. After some research, he found a couple that were having a litter born in January. After they were born we went to go visit them and see the parents. Plus we wanted to meet the family
that owned them. We decided we wanted to get a male from them and with their blood line, Ronald was excited to get into the field trialing game with him, and of course Kona. We were given a date in March that we could pick up our little guy. I was excited to be adding another little V to the household. The last weekend in February, My parents invited us over for dinner, which is a weekly occurrence. Ronald had mentioned his family was wanting to have dinner too so he asked if we minded that they came over. Of course we didn't mind, and decided to order pizza as something easy to feed everyone. Towards the end of the meal my brother asked me to come into the living room and look at his dog, Jazz because she had some pink dots on her underside. I did not know at the time that this was everyone's way of distracting me for Ronald to go and grab our new Vizsla we were expecting a week later to surprise me with. I remember sitting in the middle of the living room floor with both of our families surrounding me when I looked up and noticed my mom smiling with her phone up like she was taking a picture or video. I was a little confused, but before I could say anything I got a little glimpse of red walking by me.

l looked down and to my surprise there he was!! Our boy Otto. All I could do was pick up this little guy and love on him in complete shock. After holding him for a while I noticed a black collar on him that said "will you marry me". As soon as I saw it, Ronald was getting down on one knee with a little red box in his hand. I cried in disbelief. We had been together for 5 years then, and never had a conversation about marriage. I was so overwhelmed I just cried, said yes, cried some more, and then in the moment said "thank you". It is a moment I will never forget! Surrounded by family, Kona, and now our new guy. It felt good for it to finally be me! I knew this was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Now it was time for potty training and wedding planning. Let the chaos begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment