Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Our First Vizsla

I first met the Vizsla breed while working at my previous job. Her name was Eva. She was absolutely gorgeous. I had never seen a dog like this before, and couldn't help but be mesmerized by her looks and the way she looked running around outside with the sun shining on her golden/red hair. I instantly wanted to work with her as much as possible and learn everything I could about the breed. After working with her, I realized that not only was she beautiful and strong, she was one of the sweetest dog's I have ever met. I will never forget the feeling I had after that. Vizslas' were now all I could think about. I had been talking to my husband about it for awhile. He always said if we got a dog together it would have to be a bird dog. Well, lucky me!!! I showed him pictures and videos and finally won him over. After some research, I found a family that had a pregnant female. I was excited to learn they were born June 15, 2015. When they were 2 weeks old, I finally got to go meet them and picked out my very first Vizsla!
A chubby, female we named Kona. We decided on the name Kona, due to my husband being from Hawaii and we were actually in Hawaii visiting his family when they were born. On August 8th I got to see her again. And this time she was coming home with me! The car ride home was great. she slept the whole time and the amazing people I got her from made her a little care package that had a blanket to smell like her mom and siblings. she laid on that blanket the whole way home.

 Once I got her home and in the house, I handed her to my husband and could tell he was just as in love as I was already! I some how felt complete. We have each other, a home and now our perfect Kona girl! I was pleased to see how well she was adapting on day one. She wasn't scared of anything. It felt good knowing we had this confident little pup to control our lives now. I think she knew at the same time we did that we were now owned by a Vizsla. She ran over to her toys first thing and just played her little heart out until she couldn't keep her eyes open anymore and crashed on her new bed. It felt good. That day, I was at complete peace within myself. It was like I was in my own little world. Just me, Ronald, and our V. Little did I know how magical this breed really is. Owning a Vizsla has definitely been hard work and a lot of patience testing; but it is all worth it. LIFE IS GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment